Everyone is talking about it, and after our Live Event in Vancouver recently, we felt like we wanted to dive in and discuss more about the world of cryptocurrency. Over the course of the next few weeks we will be looking at various aspects of this new form of “investing”, this week we are kicking it off with Blockchain.
In Episode 133 You’ll Learn:
- Are Phil & Danielle Investing in Bitcoin?
- Is it really investing? Getting assets that have cash flow, without cash flow it is extremely difficult for us to know what it’s worth.
- What does the future cash flow look like? It’s hard to predict.
- What is Cryptocurrency?
- A Digital Currency with no intrinsic or tangible value. It is also not limited to one particular country or location.
- What is Blockchain?
- A distributed ledger of who owns “what” checked by a computer program that is continuously updated in real time and checked by users around the world.
- Any government will have a great deal of difficulty finding out who owns what, anonymity plays a huge role in the allure of cryptocurrency.
- Mining the cryptocurrency – you get paid in bitcoin for doing the check.
- What might happen in the future?
- Can you have a government really jump in and affect this?
- Look at what is happening in China & Russia
- More on Blockchain Technology
On the InvestED podcast, Phil and his daughter Danielle shine a light on the successful investing strategies that gurus like Warren Buffett have used for 80 years. Listen in for a great stock market education on basics, learn how to invest on your own, and follow along with real-time examples and investing tips from week to week.