I’ve compiled a list of retirement quotes and retirement words of wisdom from those who describe it best!
When I say the word “retirement,” what image pops into your mind? Is it a tropical vacation somewhere? Is it a golf course with friends? Maybe relaxing with your grandkids? Whatever it is, I hope it’s a happy image. Because retirement should be just that – happy, healthy, and wealthy.
You’ve spent the majority of your years planning, saving, and making money by working hard in your career. Your job may have been your passion, but now is the time to seek out new opportunities.
Find new passions that leave you feeling fulfilled even without a paycheck. Create stronger bonds with the people around you. Challenge your body and mind with new and exciting activities.
Use this time to enjoy yourself, and experience what life has to offer outside of the office.
25 Inspirational Retirement Quotes for a Happy, Healthy, & Wealthy Life
1. “The question isn’t at what age I want to retire, it’s at what income.” -George Foreman
2. “As in all successful ventures, the foundation of a good retirement is planning.” – Earl Nightingale
3. “Preparation for old age should begin not later than one’s teens. A life which is empty of purpose until 65 will not suddenly become filled on retirement.” -Arthur E. Morgan
4. “Choose a work that you love and you won’t have to work another day.” – Confucius
5. “Retire from work, but not from life.” -M.K. Soni
6. “The best time to start thinking about your retirement is before the boss does.” – Unknown
7. “Planning to retire? Before you do, find your hidden passion. Do the thing that you have always wanted to do.” – Catherine Pulsifer
8. “Sooner or later I’m going to die, but I’m not going to retire.” – Margaret Mead
9. “Don’t simply retire from something; have something to retire to.” – Harry Emerson Fosdick
10. “Age is only a number, a cipher for the records. A man can’t retire his experience. He must use it. Experience achieves more with less energy and time.” – Bernard Baruch
11. “You can’t put off being young until you retire.” – Philip Larkin
12. “Retirement is wonderful. It’s doing nothing without worrying about getting caught at it.” – Gene Perret
13. “Retirement: That’s when you return from work one day and say, “Hi, Honey, I’m home — forever.” – Gene Perret
14. “Often when you think you’re at the end of something, you’re at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
15. “Retirement is not the end of the road. It is the beginning of the open highway.” – Unknown
16. “What do you call a person who is happy on a Monday? Retired.” – Unknown
17. “There is a whole new kind of life ahead, full of experiences just waiting to happen. Some call it ‘retirement.’ I call it ‘bliss.’” – Betty Sullivan
18. “The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off.” – Abe Lemons
19. “You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
20. “I’m retired – goodbye tension!” – Unknown
21. “If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.” – Anne Bradstreet
22. “Time spent in laughter when one is retired is well invested.” – Unknown
23. “Don’t act your age in retirement. Act like the inner young person you have always been.” – J. A. West
24. “There’s one thing I always wanted to do before I quit . . . . retire!” – Groucho Marx
25. “Retirement is wonderful if you have two essentials — much to live on and much to live for.” – Unknown
Retiring should be a wonderful, easy, and relaxing time of your life. I teach people how to retire wealthy, no matter where they are in their lives. I hope you enjoyed these inspirational quotes on retirement, leave your favorite retirement quote in the comments for everyone else.
Looking for more quotes that will teach you how to invest with certainty? Get this free eBook that contains all of the advice from the world’s greatest investors.
Love these retirement quotes?
You may also enjoy these related articles:
Phil Town is an investment advisor, hedge fund manager, 3x NY Times Best-Selling Author, ex-Grand Canyon river guide, and former Lieutenant in the US Army Special Forces. He and his wife, Melissa, share a passion for horses, polo, and eventing. Phil’s goal is to help you learn how to invest and achieve financial independence.