We are excited to introduce our first special guest on InvestED, Guy Spier, Hedge Fund manager and author of Education of a Value Investor, for a special 3 part series covering value investing basics. This week we’ll cover how Guy researches a company’s management and why he never gives or takes advice on investing.
In Episode 84 You’ll Learn:
- Guy Spier’s experience with the bankruptcy of Horsehead Holding.
- Why you should forgive yourself for your mistakes.
- How Guy researches company management.
- How Guy’s views on talking to management have changed since he published his book.
- How to avoid bias when researching a company.
- Why having management with integrity and talent is important and how to find it.
- Why it’s important to avoid giving advice and speak from experience instead.
- The Education of a Value Investor by Guy Spier
- InvestED: Ep. 75 – What Happened to Horsehead Holding?
- BBC News Business Charlie Munger Boom and Bust is Normal
- Simple But Not Easy by Richard Oldfield
- Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda
- Charlie Munger on the Psychology of Human Misjudgement
- Send your comments and questions to questions@InvestEDpodcast.com
- 3 Day LIVE Workshop
Learn more about Rule #1 investing by joining me for my weekly Transformational Investing Webinar. Click the button below to learn more.