The last step on our journey of discussing alternate paths of investing outside of the stock market brings us to commodities. The only knowledge most people have of commodities as an investment is limited to what Hollywood taught us in the 1983 comedy, Trading Places. In this week’s episode, we delve further into them and discuss what sets them apart from other types of investments.
Listen on iTunes HERE
Listen on Stitcher HERE
In Episode 37 You Will Learn
- The one thing that Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger attribute to their success more than anything else.
- The definition of a commodity and the different types of commodities available in the market.
- The one trait that makes commodities different than other kinds of investments.
- How supply and demand drive volatile change in commodity prices.
- Why Walmart outsourcing jobs to China has had a significant impact on commodities prices for the last 15 years.
- How to invest in commodities without having to physically store them.
- Whether commodities have a place in a well-structured all-weather financial portfolio.