This week on InvestED we discuss how to research and find Capital Expenditures for a company. We talk about Grand Canyon University, talk about how to find a 10-K, and where to look for CapEx. Phil also shares his calls with investor relations departments.
In this Episode We Cover:
- Phil talks about Grand Canyon University (LOPE).
- How Grand Canyon University calculates their Capital Expenditure.
- Formula for Owner Earnings:
- Net income + Depreciation & Amortization + Net Change Accounts Receivable + Net Change Accounts Payable + Income Tax + Maintenance Capital Expenditure = Owner Earnings.
- How to find Maintenance Capital Expenditure.
- Maintenance Capital Expenditure is not always available.
- Find the company 10-K.
- Search for “Capital Expenditure” in 10-K.
- Find it on Cash Flow Statement.
- How to analyze Capital Expenditures.
- Is there a benefit to actually calling the investor relations department?
Phil and Danielle Recommend
- Formula for Owner Earnings on page 194 of Invested.
- Find 10Ks on company websites.
- “Google ‘Company Name’ investor relations” to find 10-K.