This week Danielle takes the wheel and interviews Certified Financial Planner and best selling author, Bobbi Rebell. Danielle and Bobbi discuss growing up in investing families and talk about how important it is to impart the wisdom of investing to younger generations. Danielle quizzes Bobbi, and the pair talk about the importance of learning and research in the investing world.
Who is Bobbi Revell?
Bobbi Rebell is a CFP® and host of the Financial Grownup podcast. She is also the author of the best-selling self-help/personal finance book “How to Be a Financial Grownup: Proven Advice from High Achievers on How to Live Your Dreams and Have Financial Freedom”. Bobbi is a keynote speaker, conference emcee, brand ambassador and moderator. She is also an award-winning TV anchor and personal finance columnist and has worked at Thomson Reuters, PBS (Nightly Business Report) CNN and CNBC. Bobbi is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania.
Why has Bobbi joined us this week?
- As a Certified Financial Planner, Bobbi explains the value of having an individual who is required to continually learn about Financial Planning and is bound by a strong code of ethics.
- Danielle and Bobbi share the experience of learning investing through their fathers and utilizing that learning in their adult lives.
- Bobbi’s numerous qualifications in the financial and journalism realms make her a reliable source for learning that supports the teaching of Rule #1.
What’s the common theme?
- Learning! Danielle and Bobbi both want you to learn that doing extensive research on companies prior to getting involved with them is vital.
- Danielle Recommends:
- “How to be a Financial Grownup”, by Bobbi Rebell