This week we have a special guest, Sheri Salata, on the show to discuss radical self-care, finding happiness, and defining your own story. Sheri, Danielle, and Phil delve into integrating consciousness into everyday life to be the best version of yourself. This is the episode you all don’t want to miss.
In Episode 152 You’ll Learn:
About Sheri Salata
- Sheri is the co-president of the Oprah Winfrey Network and Harpo Studios.
- Sheri worked as a former executive producer at the Oprah Winfrey Show for 20 years.
Creating a Spiritual Life
- At 27, Sheri had a vision of sitting in an office her whole life and decided that was not her path or dream.
- She realized there is a difference between a dream job and a dream life.
- Sheri first launched her dream quest at 50 years old, Finding true happiness with all aspects of life, not just her career.
- Living an “if not now, when” mentality
Defining Radical Self Care
- Self-care is realizing it is okay to put yourself first and to listen to your internal compass.
- Happiness was not always Sheri’s priority, but has changed her concept of work and now expresses radical self-care.
- Any work you do, relationships you have are directly related to how you think of yourself.
- Showing up in everything and every way at the highest expression of yourself.
- There is nothing more important than how you define your own radical self-care and everything else with flow from there.
- Making your happiness your first priority gets your own light bright enough to create a positive impact on others to serve.
Defining what Money Means to You
- Your money and salary follow suit to connecting meaning and a mission to your job, bring passion to your work to take control of your future.
- Sheri’s definition of money- the exchange of something you have for something better that brings you joy.
- The choices you make today facilitate your goals for your future.
Defining Your Story
- Learn to take charge of the authorship of your story, because it sometimes feels like you are not the one writing it.
- Do not let negative thoughts create your reality.
- Sheri practices meditation, yoga, exercise, a plant-based diet, daydreaming into every day of her life.
- Creating your story allows you to set priorities that will lead you to your success and happiness.
- We all respond to hope- we dream of the lives of our dreams and sometimes believe we cannot have it. Fan the flames of your hope to define your story.
- Take away your personal limits to grow. Make it something that adds to your life, rather than detracts from it.
7 Pillars to Staying Conscious
- Health and wellness
- Spirituality and happiness
- Romance and sex
- Friends and family
- Creativity and innovation
- Discovery and adventure
- Sanctuary and beauty
- Sheri’s podcast: This is Fifty
- Sheri’s website: www.story.co
- Preorder Danielle & Phil’s New Book Invested – Out March 2018!