We are very excited to introduce Amanda Steinberg, the founder of DailyWorth to the podcast this week, as we discuss current money management acquisitions and cutting-edge investing practices. Don’t miss Amanda share her best advice when it comes to starting your investment journey and harnessing your personal capital.
In Episode 151 You’ll Learn:
Who is Amanda Steinberg?
- Amanda is a financial expert, author, entrepreneur, and computer programmer.
- Her website, Daily Worth, is oriented towards women in business and their relationship with money.
- In 2015, Forbes names her one of the 21 new American Money Masters and the New York Times covered her for her digital investing service, Worth FM.
- In 2016, Oprah Winfrey selected her for the Inaugural SuperSoul 100 and Fast Company named her one of the most creative people in business.
Gender Roles in Money Management
- Gender roles separate who thinks about money and who doesn’t, getting women to think about money goes against the traditional social grain.
- Nature vs. Nurture in leadership positions: When women have the same education as men, they also demonstrate similar levels of risk in terms of investing.
- Why risk is sometimes seen as only a downside, not a long-term benefit.
Optimizing Your Investments
- Investing is the willingness to be narrow in approach so your aptitude is direct, aimed and measurable.
- Supporting companies that you are proud to stand behind and finding mission.
- Make a moral judgment with your capital, “Put your money where your mouth is.”
- There is a growing stealth interest in communal returns as well as personal. returns because there is more of a marketplace for everyone to thrive in.
- Redefine your idea of retirement and remove the stigma of being fearful of sufficient retirement funds.
- Similar to going to a financial advisor but far less expensive and done in automated fashion.
- They assign broad-based diversified funds that are relative to market fluctuation.
- Robo Advisors are cheaper to get started than hiring a financial advisor.
- If you cannot access a professional advisor, these companies will help you start your investing journey:
- For beginning automated investing: Acorns or Stash
- For social screening: Aspiration or Swell
- Women Oriented investing: Ellevest
- Preorder Danielle & Phil’s New Book Invested – Out March 2018!
- Amanda’s website: www.dailyworth.com
- Amanda’s Book: Worth it: Your Life, Your Money, Your Terms
- Conscious Capitalism by John Mackey