We are back this week to discuss board members, election timing, and how CEO’s use this to their advantage to influence particular agendas that go on in big business. Tune in and join us for another great episode of InvestED!
In Episode 148 You’ll Learn:
- Charlie Munger’s Top 4 Criteria for a Great Investment:
- Be capable of understanding the company in its entirety.
- Make sure the company has an intrinsic and durable competitive advantage.
- Ensure that management has the integrity and intelligence to run the company well.
- Only pay a price that makes sense.
- By following this methodology you have to be grounded and confident in your decision even in uncertain times which can be difficult but often pays off.
- How to Keep an Eye Out for Surprises:
- When looking at potential companies to invest in, treat them as if you were about to get married. Do you know everything about them? Even the worst parts? Make sure you do!
- Staggered Boards VS Annually Elected Boards
- Take a closer look at how board members are elected and how they can affect the company (or protect the CEO)!
- Coming Up Next Week: Interview with Dawa Tarchin Phillips
- The former monk turned entrepreneur, a great opportunity to dive into his unique investing perspective.
- Preorder Danielle & Phil’s New Book Invested – Out March 2018!