This week on InvestED podcast, Danielle and I are coming to you live from San Diego, California to continue our discussion on investing gurus and to reveal another guru that Phil Town himself admires and follows. Take a look at Mohnish Pabrai’s portfolio with us.
Watch on Facebook:
In Episode 144 You’ll Learn:
- Which tools to look at when you are trying to find gurus to follow:
- An overview of a hedge fund manager that Phil personally follows, Mohnish Pabrai.
- A brilliant and like-minded investor who can boast over a 25% rate of return to his investors consistently.
- 100% of his portfolio is held in 4 stocks, where he is currently holding his positions.
- Alphabet Inc.(GOOGL) – 49%
- Posco (PKX) – 30%
- Southwest (NYSE) – 12%
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A/B) – 8%
- His total portfolio is estimated at about 1 billion.
- Currently owns 136 million dollars in stocks (14%), which means 86% is in cash.
- Mohnish made no major moves in 2017, aside to sell off his share of Seritage Growth Properties (SRG) due to his speculation regarding Sear’s performance and connection.
- What is Institutional Imperative?
- Pressure to do something even if it isn’t based on merit, coming from bosses, investors, etc.
- Coming Up Next Week: We’ll talk about another guru that Phil admires: Guy Spier.
If you need to plan out your 2018 and get everything started off right, I created a 12 Month Financial Success Planner to get you started. It’s filled with monthly goals tracking, calendar planners, and monthly financial challenges to keep you on track. Click the button below to download it for free.